Did You Know:
RDs are the only regulated health professionals in the field of nutrition.
Dietitians are qualified to offer Canadians trust-worthy, science-based food and nutrition advice tailored to their health goals, preferences, and lifestyles.
A Registered Dietitian can help you:
- Manage your weight with a plan that’s tailored to you, based on your current state of health, your budget and your preferences
- Manage diseases related to food, such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or other digestive disorders
- Access the most current evidence-based advice on how to feed your new baby, a “picky” eater or a busy teenager
- Manage food allergies and eating disorders
- Get a customized eating plan to help you get the most from your workout or improve your performance in sports
- Decide if you need vitamin or mineral supplements based on a careful diet assessment
- Choose healthy foods to fit your unique eating plan, from vegetarian to gluten free, and beyond
- Get advice on how to read food labels and compare products to make the healthiest choice
- Learn how to shop wisely and prepare tasty meals for your family
- Get the facts straight on popular food and nutrition myths
Does Your Insurance cover Dietitian services? Find out
If no, why not? Ask your insurance agent or provider, employer, union rep or HR department to add dietitian services to your health insurance plan, or show them this infographic, and evidence of the benefits of adding a Dietitian to your plan.
If you would like to meet with a Registered Dietitian for personal counselling or have specific questions about your diet and health, please contact us or check out information resources on this website.